torstai 29. marraskuuta 2012

Hunger.



During the past weeks other people's lives have become mine. Mine has been on hold.
I have sat in a dark tent, mixing salts into drinking water and establishing communication with a dying person.
I have thought about other people's lives and how someone's will to live is so strong that they're prepared to die for it.
I've sat next to such despair I could've never imagined existing and learnt so much about life, humanity, solidarity. Society, law, order. Justice, peace.

I have been deeply hurt and disappointed of the system, state and politics. Deeply moved by individuals.
Met people who will always be there.

Two weeks supporting hunger strikers. A couple of days of mediation and negotiations. A week on a hunger strike.

I am humbled.

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I am so proud of you Tytti! Keep us posted!

neitinomad kirjoitti...

Thank you Ade <3