lauantai 5. tammikuuta 2013

The best is yet to come.

this picture is from here.


A few weeks ago I ran into a blog that was new to me. A gifted crafter had made a quirky picture with the texr: "The best is yet to come." The last months of 2012 felt so tough and difficult that I kept telling myself January would make things a lot easier. In December, on top of Christmas gifts in the form of numbers on my bank account I also received a pile of bills from the phone company, social services, insurance company and now from my credit card. Nearly all my savings went into those and this spring will be an experiment of true student life.

It'll mean prioritizing. Setting money aside for rent first. Making a weekly budget for food. Not bying anything.

There are two splurges in my spring as well. The trip to Berlin with a friend in the end of February that I need to save for. And in the end of April the trip home to Northern Ireland which will be cheaper as the accommodation is easily sorted.

Next week I'll spend time at mama's, have a big interview, finally decide on where to work next summer (hopefully this will be sorted!) and a week after that make some big decisions on what will happen in the autumn.

In the meanwhile I'm waiting for my new computer to arrive as my old one died a week ago and I'm currently relying on an ancient mac that doesn't recognize my camera.

In the middle of all the stress and money issues I do believe that the best is yet to come.

1 kommentti:

17 neliötä kirjoitti...

Blogissani on sinulle tunnustus!
Ohessa linkki:
http://17neliota.blogspot.fi/2013/01/kiitos-tunnustuksesta-mustat-unelmat.html